Simple DIY Canvas Art

Monday, July 15, 2013


How was your weekend, my lovelies? Mine was filled with upcycling, crafting, and house remodeling... it was beautiful!



One of the projects I tackled was this canvas makeover. I had the original black and white "Paris" canvas hung in my office a few years ago when I first purchased my home, but had since removed it as my office evolved into more of a workspace / craft room. The black and white theme just wasn't inspiring me anymore. I have been itching to revamp this piece, but just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it until this weekend. I remembered that I still had quite a bit of the coral colored paint that I had used on my birdhouse makeover (HERE) and realized it would be perfect in our guest room.

First I spray painted the canvas white. After it was dry I just used a brush to paint a few vertical strokes of the coral color onto the plain white. 



It is super simple, but I love that it is something that I created. Handmade is always so much more meaningful, isn't it? It also adds a great pop of color to the room which I love. From start to finish (minus paint drying time) this project took under 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I love the result just as much as if it had taken me 5 hours. TOTALLY my kind of craft! Here is the canvas in the room with a little Rhonna Designs iPhone app fun to go with it! Happy Monday, my friends!

Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best ideas. This is great for adding some bright color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact Paris canvas from Hobby Lobby in my office, maybe I need to update like you did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs