Easy DIY Scrap Wreath

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


My front door is still in need of a Spring wreath! Shocking, I know, considering the rest of the house was "spring-i-fied"  by the end of February. LOL. I have been wanting to make a scrap wreath for awhile and I figured now was as good a time as any to give it a whirl.
 
Since I didn't have a lot of Spring colored fabrics lying around the house I headed to Jo Ann's. Lucky for me the fabric quarters were on sale for $1.50 each and I had a coupon for 40% off my purchase so all the supplies for the wreath (including the wire wreath form) only cost about $8.00.
 
There are only two steps for making a scrap wreath. The first is to rip your fabric strips. Mine were about 7 inches long x 1 1/2 inches wide. They don't need to be perfect or all the same size. I ripped my fabric strips while watching tv with my husband one evening. I used the entire fabric quarter of each of the 8 fabrics that I chose, but didn't end up using about 15 of each color when it was all said and done.
 
Next, I tied the strips onto the wire wreath form. It doesn't get easier than that! I just kept going until my wreath was totally full, gave it a good fluff up, and I was finished!
 
Ta-da! What do you think? Personally, I adore the finished product! I'm not sure I love it for my front door though... I'm thinking the reason for that was a fail on my part as far as the fabric prints & colors go. I would LOVE this in a nursery or little girl's room. You really have to try this project though! The fabric you choose will determine what season or style you want to represent. It's cheap, simple, and so stinkin' cute! 
 

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty. I knit and crochet rags so love to see them being used in a different way. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this wreath. I seriously need to make one like it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wreath! Love your fabric choices. I can't believe how simple it is to make one. I can do that ;)

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured yesterday! TWICE!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and simple idea! I love wreaths....of all kinds...and this is going on my list of wreaths to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wreath is fantastic! I love all the bright colors! Would love for you to share at my party!
    http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-45-brand-new-site.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty and I love it! Aren't fat quarters the best?? Thanks so much for linking up with LWSL this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! Love the colors! Reminds me of Dr. Seuss! :0) I have a ton of fat quarters and will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs